1. Set a goal to find at least 2 new customers every campaign.
2. Use the "Power of 3" — Make 3 new contacts every day.
3. Comparison shop and be ready to give results to contacts.
4. Increase the number of brochures ordered by 10 every campaign.
5. Leave a brochure at 1 new business every campaign.
6. Start a jewelry club — Especially for those who never buy make-up
(then start putting make-up and skin samples with their orders).
7. Wear an Avon logo pin or shirt — It's free advertisement to those
who don't know you are an Avon representation.
8. Have 1 product each campaign that is the campaign special —
Hand out info and samples about it to every contact and offer a discount
of 10% or 20% if they purchase it in that campaign.
9. Have a positive attitude — It sells.
10. Show pages from national magazines that feature news about Avon products.
11. Spray your brochures with fragrances.
12. Find helpers in businesses, churches, schools, etc. and reward them for
taking orders for you.
13. Remember that "NO SOLICITING" usually does not mean the Avon lady.
14. Leave a basket of demos in a business and pick them up the next day
with orders too!!!
15. Pass our lumpy brochures out to businesses.
16. Stress the Avon unconditional guarantee.
17. Remind customers that they can charge their order — They normally buy
more that way.
18. Commit to instant delivery on colognes and ask business owners if you can
leave a full bottle on their counter. Offer a special price to their customers who would
like to purchase the bottle and reward the business owner.
19. Advertise a "NEW CUSTOMER SALE" — Choose 2 or 3 products each
campaign and offer a special discount to the "FIRST-TIME" customers.
20. Have an "OLD-TIMERS" special — Offer a special discount, a free product or
a free trial size to any regular customer who gets you a new customer.
21. Have a special raffle drawing for any customer who has a minimum $20.00 order.
22. Have a "BUNNY SALE" for Easter — Offer 5% off every product that starts
with the letter "B".
23. Place business cards on every available bulletin board. Leave them
on restaurant tables, in public restrooms(tape them on the back of the restroom stall),
and tape them to public telephones.
24. Start a video club — After 10 purchases, the 11th video is 50% off.
25. Fill little baskets with samples and leave them in businesses with brochures.
26. Provide a business card holder and cards to any business owner who will allow you
to place it in the counter.
27. Offer free gift wrapping for men customers.
28. Offer to keep records of birthdays and anniversaries.
29. Talk to every customer about fund-raising.
30. Leave cologne samples in beauty shops. Offer 1 free product to the owner for each 10 sold.
31. Have a home party!!! Offer an Avon gift certificate to the hostess.
32. Wear different Avon fragrances - when people ask which fragrance you are wearing - offer
them a brochure, a business card and a sample. Get their contact info as well!
33. Attend sales meetings faithfully!!! You will always learn something new to pass on and
you can personally see and experience many of the new products.
34. Take Skin-So-Soft samples to any place and organization where workers are subject to bugs.
35. Put a sign in your car window and/or your yard that you sell Avon.
36. Advertise in local papers — Especially clearance sales, special discounts, or introduction of new products.
37. If you want bigger sales, talk to your district manager — She's been there and done that.
38. Have a garage sale — Set out samples, brochures, and extra products.
39. Give each customer an extra brochure and ask them to give them to family and friends.
40. Give a brochure and sample to every person behind the check-out counter.
41. Put books in day care centers.
42. Send letters to employers and managers of local businesses offering special holiday services.
43. Have an open house of Avon products during holiday seasons and offer free gift wrapping.
44. Offer an "AVON PARTY" at businesses during lunch hours.
45. Always carry a demo basket with you — Your customers will have friends visiting too.
46. Carry a "BARGAIN BASKET" — Purchase inexpensive products from outlet flyers
and sell these to people who do not want to place an order. Also a good way to sell used
"demos" or unwanted products that may accumulate.
47. Keep extra products on hand for people who may need a gift to give on the spur
of the moment. Avon cookbooks make great wedding shower gifts.
48. Know your products!!!! Make brand comparisons and provide copies for your customers
49. Become an e-representative and get new customers on the internet.
50. Become an Avon Beauty Advisor via the free online training!